Friday 24 February 2012

The Secret's Out; My Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Is Not So Secret

Everyone LOVES my chocolate chip cookies and believe you me it has taken me a long long time to find the "perfect" recipe.  The cookies are light and soft without being undercooked...I really dislike when cookies are undercooked to make you think they are moist...yuck.


The recipe isn't a secret in fact when people ask me for it and I send them to the Chipits Bag they laugh.  Yes, the best chocolate chip cookie recipe out there is on the back of the Chipits Bag.



There is one little secret that makes my cookies turn out spectacularly and personally I think they should add some Coles Notes on the bottom of the recipe to help people out.  Bakers know this little tip but I would bet that the average home baker does not.

"Creaming" together the butter and sugar in my opinion makes or breaks this recipe.  Creaming incorporates air bubbles and traps them in the fat (butter) to help the mixture rise in the oven.  Short long...throw this thing on high until the volume increases and "looks" lighter.  Now it is possible to over cream so don't go wild.


Once baked keep the cookies in an airtight container which will keep them moist and soft longer.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Mmmmm, enjoy.

xox
Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment