Thursday 2 February 2012

Personalized Valentine Candy Bags; Thank you Martha


I saw this idea on the Martha Stewart website and thought I would give it a try. Can you really ever do anything as well as Martha does?  Really?  Respectfully Martha, to my own surprise I don't think these turned out too badly. 

I did a bit of photo editing and had the two images set up so that once I folded the 4x6 each side would look like those above.  I had multiple copies printed, stuffed the bags with candy and then taped the "labels" onto the bags.  Originally I stapled the photo labels but the staples stood out like a sore thumb so the double-sided tape was the preferred option.  If you don't have the ability to photoshop try making the labels in other ways i.e. having your kids colour pictures, make the labels with white paper and then paste on faces that you cut out from other photos etc.

A bit of work but I am sure the recipients will cherish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment