Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chalkboard Valentines...Perfect Teacher Valentine!

I think the Chalkboard Valentine idea is brilliant for teachers and certainly one of a kind!  Who doesn't love the fact that you can buy a little chalkboard paint (Martha Stewart has a full line in several different colours) and turn anything you desire into a board of endless possibilities. 

To create the above I made the cards out of card stock and used the Cricut to cut the shapes that I wanted to put onto the front of the cards.  Instead of using the Cricut cutouts I actually used the scrap boarders and taped them down onto the card stock to use as a stencil.  I can tell you honestly this particular craft is not very forgiving so certainly make more cards than you need.  Once the first coat dried I applied another and then removed the stencils.  I left them to dry overnight and wrote my messages with chalk.

A perfect opportunity to be creative over and over again!

Have fun.

Dish
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment