I am blown away by these fantastic chocolate nests that my mother made yesterday from a recipe by Toronto pastry artists Bobbette & Belle. Aren't they hilarious?! My wonderfully supportive mother even took step by step photos so that we could share this project with all of you. You're the best ma.
Chocolate Easter Nests (excerpt from the Marilyn Denis Show )
- 8 oz semi-sweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 – 2 ½ cups chow mein noodles
- Garnish: small jelly beans, Cadbury Mini eggs
- Line a baking pan with a piece of aluminium foil, spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Gently fold in chow mein noodles, being careful not to break them.
- Spoon six mounds of the mixture onto the prepared pan. Use your fingers to form each mound into a 4-inch (10 cm) nest shape. Make a small indentation in the centre of each nest.
- Place the pan, with the chocolate nests, in the refrigerator to set (about 30 minutes). Just before serving, remove the nests from the refrigerator and place some small jelly beans or other egg-shaped candy in the centre of each nest. Makes about 6 nests.
Such fun and thanks again mom.