Wednesday 18 January 2012

Resolution Four: Death Loves Women; Make Death Wait

4.  Please watch this YouTube Video immediately from the Heart and Stroke Foundation especially if you are a woman:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3_wZb7gXY

I have seen this commercial more times that I needed to because it hit home the first time I saw it.  I think of it often especially as I catch myself worrying about the health of everyone around me and never once do I consider the fact that I don't take care of myself.  Don't get me wrong if you looked at me on the street you would swear that I was healthy and even if I told you I wasn't you probably wouldn't believe me.  In truth (ask my husband) I eat terribly (junk food really is my crutch) and I don't exercise, he is forever telling me that one day it will all catch up with me.  He's right and I know it  but this commercial which I 100% identified with was what it took to open my eyes.  I have also read recently that it is the mother's eating habits that determine the fate of the whole family.  I believe it, my choices every day affect both my children and my husband so by putting myself first on this resolution I see as only benefiting everyone. 

What's the problem then?  Well, I love food, all food and I love cooking it, baking it, canning it etc. etc.  The problem is not how to eat better...that part I can figure out, the problem is how do I measure the progress of this resolution?  Both my BMI and Fat % are fine so I have decided I will measure the success of this resolution on the overall health of my husband with a promise to myself to take care of him through taking an interest first in my own health. 

Will this work?  I have no idea and welcome any and all suggestions!

Please my female friends give this some thought for both your family but more importantly for yourself.

Dish
xox

(Oh, Heart and Stroke Foundation...well done, message received.  Thank you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment