Wednesday 25 January 2012

Valentine Girls Gift



After I made the pearl necklace I realised this would be the perfect Valentines gift for the little girls in my life.  As you can see from the above photo I found this necklace for $5.05 and it was desperate for a make-over!  I found a matching ribbon, determined the tail length and tied a "pretty" knot that would serve as the hiding place for my thread to be anchored.  I then used the needle and thread to string alternating beads and ribbon to create the above.  Once completed I made another knot, secured the thread there and voila.  Starting this project I did envision a more elaborate design but you (or I) would need to be an octopus to have enough hands to hold everything in place (I also used my knees).  Thinking back now if I had tied a small knot after each ribbon strung it may have been A LOT easier, taken less time and saved me from some serious frustration!  I have enough beads left to make another strand but for now I think I'll pass and move onto something else.

xox
Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment