Wednesday 8 February 2012

Giving Melon Hearts

If you are at all like me you are very conscious about what your kids are eating.  I am fortunate in that I have never had to force feed my sons fruit (other foods i.e. veggies and meats are another matter) but I still like to make sure that I make the experience "fun".  Now "fun" in absolutely no way means playing with their food, although we are experiencing a battle of wills currently, above is an example of how I like to approach things. 

These Melon Suckers took 3 minutes to create.  I have a million cookie cutters but for obvious reasons it was the hearts that we chose today.  I personally use sucker sticks but popsicle sticks are just as good and you can work with many fruits to create these suckers. 

Valentine Note....strawberries when halved vertically look like hearts. 

Have fun.
Dish
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment